Abel Super Series Johnny Cash Edition
Abel is proud to introduce the Limited Edition Johnny Cash fly reel. Johnny Cash, one of America's most beloved artists, becomes part of Abel’s legendary hand painted, hand anodized graphic designs. The development project was part of a significant collaboration between Abel’s design team and the Johnny Cash estate, bringing the first HD finishes to the market in a limited edition production run.
Every detail has been scrutinized, from Johnny Cash's favorite Martin® D-35 guitar silhouette to the black/satin black sunburst, Abel even developed a new proprietary metallurgical process to achieve different textures and color hues of black for this product. These limited edition fly reels are available in the SUPER SERIES model in two sizes, 5|6 and 7|8. Each reel is individually serialized 1 through 250.
“ My father and I spent years of my young life fishing together around the world. He taught me to fly fish, and I know he would be excited to associate his name with such a high quality product as Abel Reels. ”
- John Carter Cash
Available since 1999 in a size for every fish that swims, the iconic Super Series proves itself time and again as the premier American-made fly reel, holding several IGFA world records. For 2017, Abel re-designed the original Super Series to be lighter and re-engineered it to have a quick change spool system.
- Limited Edition run, individually serialized 1 to 250
- Hand-polished and hand-anodized in Abel's all new HD finish featuring a custom Johnny Cash graphic
- Spool is finished in Abel's high-gloss black with a custom-machined platinum handle
- Reel frame, spool, drag knob and foot made of 6061-T651 cold finished aerospace grade aluminum
- Constructed with the patented “smooth as silk” cork drag system
- User convertible retrieval system
- Double pawl system on all sizes
- Quick change spool
- 100% Made in USA